Scanning docs for bitsavers

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Dec 3 09:15:43 CST 2019

    > From: Guy Dunphy

    > JBIG2 .. introduces so many actual factual errors (typically
    > substituted letters and numbers)

It's probably worth noting that there are often errors _in the original
documents_, too - so even a perfect image doesn't guarantee no errors.

The most recent one (of many) which I found (although I only had a PDF to
work from, so maybe it's a 'scanning induced error') is described at the
bottom here:

  https://gunkies.org/wiki/KS10

Although looking again at the PDF, the two digits in question are quite clear
and crisp, and don't seem like they could be scanning errors.

	Noel