Too many DEC binders

John H. Reinhardt johnhreinhardt at thereinhardts.org
Sun Aug 25 12:51:40 CDT 2019

On 8/25/2019 12:28 PM, Shoppa, Tim via cctalk wrote:
> Starting around the VMS 5.5 era, isn’t anything from then or later on the Condist documentation CD’s? And thus we don’t have to make a priority for scanning?
>
> Tim N3QE

IIRC, most of the documentation on the ConDists were in DEC's BookReader format.  That might be getting hard to read these days unless you happen to have an OpenVMS machine with DECWindows.  I just looked at my earliest CD - Sept 1995 ODL and except for some of the basic how to use this CD documents (which are in text and PostScript), it's all in BookReader format which means you can't read it on a Mac/Windows/Linux system  You need a OpenVMS or Digital Unix or Ultrix system.

I have a smattering of CD sets starting with a 1994 SPL and then up through 2007 VAX and 2010 Alpha.  The ODL sets are available on HPE's site beginning with the 2005 sets through the EOL of various platforms - VAX is 2011, Alpha is 2017, Integrity is ongoing still but coming to an end soon.

--
John H. Reinhardt