Electr* Engineering

Kevin McQuiggin mcquiggi at me.com
Tue Aug 13 09:50:15 CDT 2019

In my school in Canada, the computing science program started about 1974 and grew out of the math department, but when it was formalized as a department in 1976-77 the university wisely placed it in a new “Interdisciplinary Studies” faculty and staffed the school with people from mathematics, chemistry, physics, and some external engineering folks.

It worked out very well and the program was recognized shortly as one of the best in Canada due to recognition of CS’ interdisciplinary nature.