Pertec Interface Cable Length

Nigel Johnson nw.johnson at ieee.org
Sun Aug 11 10:40:58 CDT 2019

It's funny how licensing bodies do not recognise computer engineers. I
am a member if the IEEE, but since I first wrote to the local body in
1974 they have never recognised computer engineering as a discipline.
After twenty years of chip-level troubleshooting on DEC machines I spent
twenty twenty-five years teaching college before retiring to my
soon-to-be-restored collection of old kit.

I ran into the then President of the provincial licensing association at
an alumni event a few years ago and he laughed, saying they are still
working on it!

Meanwhile, computers run everything...

cheers,

Nigel Johnson

--
Nigel Johnson
MSc., MIEEE

Amateur Radio, the origin of the open-source concept!

You can reach me by voice on Skype:  TILBURY2591

If time travel ever will be possible, it already is. Ask me again yesterday

This e-mail is not and cannot, by its nature, be confidential. En route from me to you, it will pass across the public Internet, easily readable by any number of system administrators along the way.
    Nigel Johnson <nw.johnson at ieee.org>

Please consider the environment when deciding if you really need to print this message