Pertec Interface Cable Length

W2HX w2hx at w2hx.com
Sun Aug 11 08:07:15 CDT 2019

>Would folding the
excess cable up and covering with anti-static plastic help?

unlikely. The typical problem is that the longer the cable, the higher the capacitance of the transmission line. Therefore you get a lot of problems with rising and trailing edges of the signals which can cause all kinds of problems if not terminated correctly.  I agree with the previous suggestion to make sure all termination is in place. If you can also place a scope on one of the lines (with high impedance probe) you can see what the edges look like.