I'm sharing a toy

Adam Thornton athornton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 12:21:55 CDT 2019

Yeah, you might be able to DOS my Raspberry Pi.  Maybe you could break out
of simh and start using the Pi itself to mine bitcoins.

That could cost me like literally dozens of cents worth of power.

I suppose I should be a little concerned that once you've broken out of the
simulation into the Pi, then you are on a machine which has access to the
rest of my network.  In which case, assuming you can exploit a remote
vulnerability (or crack a credential), then, yeah, you could indeed
somewhat inconvenience me.

Well, here's hoping that there is lower-hanging fruit with more compute
power out there.  I suspect there is.

Adam