MULTIPROCESSING FOR THE IMPOVERISHED Part 1: a 6809 Uniprocessor

ben bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Mon Aug 5 14:38:21 CDT 2019

On 8/5/2019 1:40 AM, Steve Malikoff via cctalk wrote:
> Ben said
>> Where are all the articles about a TTL designed computer?
>> Yes I know about (Homebuilt CPUs ring) but that is mostly
>> today. What about the Late 70's and Early 80's?
>
> Well there's the EDUC-8, based on the PDP-8 instruction set and was published from 1974 to 1975
> by Electronics Australia magazine, followed by a number of articles on building peripherals.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EDUC-8

I saw that a few times but I never could find the link again.

> I have all the original magazine issues for it, but you can get them all in book form from
> Silicon Chip magazine these days
> https://www.siliconchip.com.au/Shop/3

I suspect you can't get the PCB's any more and the card edge connectors.

> Steve.

  The Amateur Computer Club magazines gave me just what I was looking for
as they had prices listed for the chips sold at the time.
  I noticed several people were finding very old machines for a song,
(1972-1977) did that happen also here in America?
Ben.