MULTIPROCESSING FOR THE IMPOVERISHED Part 1: a 6809 Uniprocessor

wrcooke at wrcooke.net wrcooke at wrcooke.net
Fri Aug 2 18:49:44 CDT 2019

> On August 2, 2019 at 5:49 PM ben via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>

> On 8/2/2019 11:15 AM, Liam Proven via cctalk wrote:
> > 1993 article on building a multiprocessor 6809 box.
> >
> > http://www.bradrodriguez.com/papers/6809cpu.htm
>
> Read that page years ago.I have always like the 6800 CPU
> model.I have used that model for a 18 and 20 bit cpu design
> currently being bread boarded in DE1 FPGA development kit,
> ~900 logic blocks and a few small ROM blocks.
>
> Where are all the articles about a TTL designed computer?
> Yes I know about (Homebuilt CPUs ring) but that is mostly
> today. What about the Late 70's and Early 80's?
>

> Ben.

Byte had a 2 article series in September and October 1985 of EGO, a 16 bit TTL cpu:
https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-Byte/80s/Byte-1985-09-10th-Anniversary.pdf
https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-Byte/80s/Byte-1985-10.pdf

Will

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." --  Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"The names of global variables should start with    // "  -- https://isocpp.org