SIMH question

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 22:30:25 CDT 2019

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 8:08 PM Charles via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Get PUTR from dbit.com and use it to move the files onto an image
> you can then mount  under SIMH.

> Thanks... unfortunately I'm running 64-bit Windows and just discovered PUTR
> will only run on a 32-bit (or even older) machine.

Maybe install Oracle VM VirtualBox (freely available as Open Source
Software) on your 64-bit Windows system and run a 16-bit or 32-bit
environment inside of that which can run PUTR. (Or install some other
VM software of your choice).

I run Windows 2000 inside of VirtualBox occasionally when I need to
run some old 16-bit code that won't run in a 64-bit environment. Files
can easily be moved between the VM and the host system.

I used PUTR in the past when I wanted to assemble some code with the
RT-11 assembler but wanted to edit the source code elsewhere and then
transfer the code into a SIMH disk image.