Pleas ID this IBM system....

Lawrence Wilkinson lawrence at ljw.me.uk
Tue Apr 16 15:46:51 CDT 2019

On 16/04/2019 22:22, William Donzelli via cctalk wrote:
> Clearly the pile was not purchased for scrap, so it will be
> interesting to see where it ends up. We may never know, with the
> secretive nature of big iron collectors..

I know one of the group that bought it, but I am not sure if they are on
the list.

I believe the intention is to attempt to restore the /20 + peripherals.
Not sure about plans for the 370. It is a huge task, but they are keen.

So rest assured it won't be scrapped, and it won't disappear into a
collection.

Please don't ask me who it is. They are welcome to announce themselves
if they wish.

And it's not classic, but here's an IBM z/Series converted into a beer
fridge:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/ljw/NrV130
https://www.flickr.com/gp/ljw/35y797

Lawrence Wilkinson                                 lawrence at ljw.me.uk