2.11 BSD on an 11/93 with an CMD SCSI Module

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 2 11:29:03 CDT 2019

On 4/1/19 9:56 PM, Josh Dersch wrote:

> Based on:
> "/netnix bad magic 407
> netinit failed"
>
> it looks like the networking portion of the kernel (built into /netnix)
> was either not built correctly, or not installed properly.  Any errors
> when building netnix?  Do you have a netnix in the build directory for
> the kernel?  Does it match the one in root?

That one was on me.  I missed the NETHERS in the config.  Networking
now works.

> As for the serial lines, the line "autoconfig: warning: more than three
> handlers for device tty1 on line 36." sounds suspicious.

No doubt about that, but I don;t know what it means and I don't
remember ever seeing it when I ran 2.09 many years a go.

> I'm not
> entirely sure that the output from autoconfig indicates failure here --
> did you create the device files in /dev corresponding to the serial lines?

Yep.  Made the devices in /dev.  Looks like autoconfig is either not
finding the devices or not finding the proper drivers for those devices.

bill