Apple LaserWriter paper trays

Ed Sharpe couryhouse at aol.com
Wed Sep 19 22:28:49 CDT 2018

yes we at smecc are looking got some letter and legal trays for hp 2886a.    in the box so much the better but will take in any shape (within reason!)..    also an array of font carts.  need also looking for whole  laser 500. .. like a 2686a but  more bigger paper bins... also need Laserjet 2p to match some advertising we designed  when it cam out
.. tips to bold a 2p displsy. drop info off list to me  ed Sharpe archivist for smecc

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Wednesday, September 19, 2018 Fred Cisin via cctalk <cisin at xenosoft.com; cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
On Wed, 19 Sep 2018, John Ball via cctalk wrote:

> With VCF: PNW six months away I want to try and get something together to
> make a presence. I am not aware of anyone demonstrating an entire fleet of
> Apple machines in a configuration as advertised as "The Macintosh Office" at
> any recent point in history so I thought I should dedicate a table or two to
> that. A quick inventory tells me I can totally get multiple compact macs, a
> Macintosh XL, an IBM XT and a netbooting Apple IIe going with a set of
> common office programs and networked together with a server running
> Appleshare so that people can play with the software and try a few games
> over the network.
> The key component however is I need to get a LaserWriter working and
> networked as well so people who play with MacPaint for example can print
> their art out. I have access to four or five printers, of which one will
> come up reliably and make a presentable attempt of dispensing toner and not
> leafing roller sludge everywhere however while I can find cassette trays for
> holding paper I cannot find the two brown paper trays that attached to
> either side of the printer.
> I see quite a few on google that are also missing the trays. Would calling
> them uncommon be correct or might someone have a set they would be willing
> to part with?

I believe that the original/first Apple Laserwriter used the same trays,
and even the same toner cartridges as the rest of the CX Canon-based
printers, including HP LaserJet (first models), Cordata, Fedex, etc.

I think that you could even modify the trays from the Canon PC series
copiers to work, although NOT those toner cartridges, much as they
resembled the CX ones.