Apple LaserWriter paper trays

John Ball ball.of.john at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 21:15:06 CDT 2018

With VCF: PNW six months away I want to try and get something together to
make a presence. I am not aware of anyone demonstrating an entire fleet of
Apple machines in a configuration as advertised as "The Macintosh Office" at
any recent point in history so I thought I should dedicate a table or two to
that. A quick inventory tells me I can totally get multiple compact macs, a
Macintosh XL, an IBM XT and a netbooting Apple IIe going with a set of
common office programs and networked together with a server running
Appleshare so that people can play with the software and try a few games
over the network.
The key component however is I need to get a LaserWriter working and
networked as well so people who play with MacPaint for example can print
their art out. I have access to four or five printers, of which one will
come up reliably and make a presentable attempt of dispensing toner and not
leafing roller sludge everywhere however while I can find cassette trays for
holding paper I cannot find the two brown paper trays that attached to
either side of the printer.
I see quite a few on google that are also missing the trays. Would calling
them uncommon be correct or might someone have a set they would be willing
to part with?

-John