MSDN CD disposition

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed Oct 31 20:12:40 CDT 2018

On Wed, 31 Oct 2018, geneb wrote:
> The default answer would be "no".  Any other answer requires work and would
> not be pursued.
EXACTLY.

>> Since there is nothing on them that would identify you, there are a number
>> of people who would gladly help you to properly dispose of them.
>
> Only if you mean "Upload to the Internet Archive" when you write "dispose".
> ;)

Did I ask for trivial petty details of how you would go about destroying
and disposing?
So long as you assure me that destruction and disposal are done
"properly", then I would just have to assume that you do it right.

Analogous situation:
A friend and his girlfriend were both on the same expensive prescription
med.  When he was switched to a different one, she took care of complete
biological disposal of his leftovers.  Should there be an investigation of
whether she complied with the official procedures?

Although there is absolutely no sort of legal acknowledgement of the
concept of "abandonware", there are some situations where prosecution is
not deemed worth attempting:
BBC is aware that [unauthorized, not great quality] copies of "Hyperland"
are on the web.
https://archive.org/details/DouglasAdams-Hyperland
They seem to have chosen not to enforce their IP.
I hope that they don't decide to prosecute me for creating
subtitles/captions for it.  (there WAS a Swedish subtitle distribution
database that was shut down (not for "Hyperland", and probably not by
BBC))
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4hCJm9ZEADCblVSVlBxdmZyREU/view?usp=drive_web
(400MB video with subtitles burned in)
.SRT file:
http://www.xenosoft.com/HyperlandCAPS_En_US_0_77.srt
Finding some of the typos would be VERY appreciated!
(eg. I was not previously aware of what an "ice lolly" is; a "popsicle"?,
and I hope nobody takes offence at my inconsistent spelling of things
such as "favourite colour grey")

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com