Updates at retroarchive.org...

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Oct 29 14:54:23 CDT 2018

On Mon, 29 Oct 2018, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:

> On 10/29/18 6:11 AM, geneb via cctalk wrote:
>
>> This is going to be a long term project that will end when I've either exhausted the available CD-ROMs on the IA, or I
>> die, whichever comes first. ;)
>
> Even a full list of what CDs Jason has there w/o indexing would be helpful.
> Trying to figure out what is there is a nightmare.

All the shareware CDs are in a collection called "cdbbsarchive".
https://archive.org/details/cdbbsarchive

I'm going for all the low-hanging fruit first - sets of CDs from the likes
of Nightowl, PsL, etc. Then I'll move on to the singles.  It's still a
huge job though. :)  I've got a 5TB NAS that I'm storing these on, so I'm
in no danger of running out of space. :)

> For a while, I had about 400gb of cd images on bitsavers until we ran out of disk space.
> I probably have a few hundred more gb I've read since then. I've slowly been trying to
> find a full set of physical disks from Walnut Creek for CHM's archive.

Here's the Walnut Creek collection:
https://archive.org/details/walnutcreekcdrom

I'm pretty sure these came straight from the guy that owned Walnut Creek.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007