does a reverse-engineering EDA tool exist?

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Thu Oct 25 11:43:21 CDT 2018

On 10/25/18 9:18 AM, Guy Sotomayor Jr via cctalk wrote:

> I’m wondering if a “bed of nails” could be built that would allow for automated scanning of the traces to at least get the netlist.

yup

that's the latest iteration of what I'm working on

16 bit open drain drivers, low voltage comparators, to a shift register output configured
as two long scan chains. You turn one of the open drain drivers on, then sense if any of
the pins are low through pogo pins

I had started with DIP clips, but they are too expensive, and they can't be used on the
IBM boards because the DIPS are only .1" apart.