Desktop Metaphor

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Oct 23 18:04:23 CDT 2018

On 10/23/18 3:29 PM, Torfinn Ingolfsen via cctalk wrote:

>> FreeBSD may not have the installed base of Linux but it has a its fans.
>
> Yes, this workstation runs FreeBSD 10.4 and Xfce.

I prefer OpenBSD myself for mission-critical stuff--the nearly paranoid
attitude to new software is unusual to say the least.   Even old
packages that have had demonstrated security issues are omitted.   You
want to use telnet?  Good, find a version somewhere and convert and
compile it yourself--we're not even going to give you a telnet client,
much less a host.

Was VirtualBox or QEMU ever offered as a standard package on OpenBSD?  I
don't think so...

--Chuck