Microsoft-Paul Allen

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 12:45:20 CDT 2018

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 at 19:05, Grant Taylor via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On 10/23/2018 10:47 AM, Liam Proven via cctalk wrote:
> > This may be an unfortunate mismatch of English idioms.
>
> Fair.
>
> > "Out there", to me, means "current, available/on sale/in use now, in
> > active use and/or maintenance".
>
> I'm fairly sure that Solaris and AIX both continue to ship C.D.E.  ;-)

Solaris is EOL and is no longer in development. However, Solaris 11
switched to GNOME 2, nearly a decade ago.

AFAIK neither Oracle nor IBM make workstations any more, only headless
servers, so it's rather academic.

> Hence why I prefer to be excruciatingly clear.

I generally try, at least with my professional hat on.