Microsoft-Paul Allen

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Fri Oct 19 09:00:54 CDT 2018

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 7:04 AM Ethan via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> > I thought it was just hilarious that Microsoft chose The Rolling
> > Stones' "Start Me Up" for the theme song at the launch of Windows 95,
> > unaware of the later lyrics in the song (not played during the launch,
>
> IIRC They wanted R.E.M.'s "End of the world as we know it" but R.E.M. said
> no.

That would have been awesome in the same kind of terrible way...  And it
would be a nice personal tie in for me... this song was on the radio, by
coincidence, when I was headed up the hill going out of town catching the
last view of my college campus after I graduated and was moving to
California...

"and I feel fine"

Warner