Identifying TO-3 w/HP house numbering

Holm Tiffe holm at freibergnet.de
Thu Oct 18 15:34:59 CDT 2018

Josh Dersch via cctalk wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 11:19 AM Josh Dersch <derschjo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks, all, for the responses!  The way it measures out makes it look
> > like it may be an MJ10006 or similar.  I think it's probably ok.
> >
> > I poked around a bit more this morning and it's looking like part of the
> > flyback is shorted out -- we have a 2382 at the museum and I popped it open
> > just now and I verified that it measures differently (i.e "not shorted" :))
> > at the same points.  So that's likely my problem.  Drat.
> >
> > - Josh
> >

> And I was wrong -- the flyback's fine (yay!).  Found a nearby 0.015uF, 400V
> film capacitor that was shorted.  Replaced it and now I have video!  It's a
> bit dim, it's too wide, and gets wider as it warms up but it's a start :).
>
> Thanks again,
> Josh

Sure? It sounds not like a start, it sounds more like the
finish..or the end of the flyback transformer.
The symptoms you describe, to weide and dull image .getting wider while
warmup are those from a dead transformer.

Regards,
Holm

info at tsht.de Fax +49 3731 74200 Tel +49 3731 74222 Mobil: 0172 8790 741