DG/UX install media

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 05:25:14 CDT 2018

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 at 11:33, Torfinn Ingolfsen via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Maybe they are just dumps? In whatever format  DG/UX expects
> There could be hints on the documentation ISO.
> Unfortunately, the files on the documentation ISO is in "WorldView"
> format (aka "printerleaf") and a converter (pl2ps) can't be easily
> found.
> But - iview for Windows (NT) is on the ISO, maybe it will run under WINE?

>From my experience with Acorn RISC OS and classic MacOS machines and
CDs, I found that though they can mount and read standard CD images
formats, for booting and installing, they tended to need media
formatted with those OSes' own filesystems. I think VMS is the same.

So there might well be an ISO image for stuff you might need on other
machines, and the rest in some DG/UX filesystem -- I have never seen
it so I have no idea what. AO/VS II? UFS or some variant thereof?

In the spirit of blind fumbling I might just try loopback-mounting the
images on a modern-ish Linux and see if it can autodetect the FS.