NVRAM resuscitation (Was Re: SPARCstation 20 with SCSI2SD)

systems_glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 15:45:55 CST 2018

I'd modified them as Jeff described in the past, but having the repair
boards saves significant time when doing a bunch. It also allows
non-precision cuts, since it doesn't matter if you accidentally destroy the
old connections down to the IC body. It also results in a repaired module
with no battery-on-a-wire, but is still short enough to fit under SBus
cards for the machines that have NVRAM under card slots. Since the repair
boards come panelized in 2x5 grids, I can assemble 10 at a time, which
again, when you're doing a heap of NVRAMs, saves a lot of time.

Thanks,
Jonathan