Battery warning in Falco terminals

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Tue Nov 20 07:11:34 CST 2018

On 11/19/18 11:54 PM, Brent Hilpert wrote:

> I didn't have need / get as far as doing an I/O map or memory map for the Z80.
>
> Should I send these files along?

Yes, please to dumps/docs and board/terminal pics from you and Mike!

I'm sure Richard would appreciate these as well for the terminals wiki.

They have a preliminary memory and I/O map in the MAME driver

Falco keyboards are pretty funky. They use transformer-coupled switches
with a core that slides between coils on the top and bottom of the PCB

They appear to use a serial bitstream for the keypresses. EPROM dumps
from the later keyboards with an 8035 would be very useful too, since
CHM has a later model 52xx terminal with a 5 pin DIN, but I've been
unable to find the keyboard.

I'm guessing the TS-1 series all used the same PCB with different keyboards
and firmware.

The Fame series use 267x CRT controllers. The 52xx have a custom video ASIC
I've not seen the insides of any of the Fame series.