RS6k 7012/320H woes

Patrick Finnegan pat at vax11.net
Wed Nov 7 20:17:18 CST 2018

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 7:57 PM Carlos E Murillo-Sanchez via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> So, if I were to hunt for installation media for AIX, which version
> would you recommend for a 320H with 32MB of memory, i.e., the latest
> that would run and not get too bogged down by that amount of memory?  I
> can switch to a larger SCSI disk if it need be, but hopefully not larger
> than 2GB.

5.1L should work on anything given enough RAM, though it might be a bit
tight with only 32MB of RAM.  4.3.3 might work better with that amount of
RAM.
I know that 5.2 dropped support for Microchannel systems, so you'll need
something before that.

Pat