HP-Apollo 9000/425t RAM

Chris Hanson cmhanson at eschatologist.net
Tue Nov 6 10:24:52 CST 2018

On Nov 6, 2018, at 3:48 AM, Rico Pajarola <rp at servium.ch> wrote:

>> On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 7:16 AM Chris Hanson via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>> Hopefully I can install Domain/OS on a virtual disk using MAME (using the same node ID) and just blast the raw bits to a SCSI disk to make something bootable. Anyone know whether that wouldn’t work?
> No idea, but I want to know, so please report whether you were successful.

Will do!

> Do you have a Domain keyboard? I was never able to find one.

Yes, someone happened to have one on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/302169367965

An Apollo keyboard and mouse also shouldn’t be hard to emulate with something like an Arduino and a PS/2 keyboard and mouse; the combination speaks a sensible and documented TTL serial protocol, and the 7-pin DIN connector can be obtained easily. The biggest difficulty would be mapping a PS/2 keyboard reasonably to all the special Apollo keys.

  — Chris