OT- Thunderbird ugliness, Was: Eudora email client source code released

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu May 24 15:30:00 CDT 2018

On 05/24/2018 10:08 AM, Grant Taylor via cctalk wrote:
> On 05/23/2018 09:41 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
>> I'd prefer to keep my own messages
>
> I do too.
>
>> and just use gmail as a server.
>
> What sort of server?  IMAP, POP3, SMTP, file & printer, fax?

You haven't been paying attention, Grant.   I mentioned a bit earlier
that I used POP3 with gmail.

> Now I'm trying to remember.  I want to say that Thunderbird has always
> had multiple account support for as long as I can remember.  I naively
> assume Netscape's email client (part of the Netscape Communicator
> package) did the same, but I'm not sure.  (Insert typical "AssUMe" joke
> here.)

Yes, but again, in context, Thunderbird is a newcomer.  (Where was it in
1996?  (Other than as a wine for cheap drunks, I mean; I'm not aware of
any email client called Night Train, but I'm willing to be surprised).

--Chuck