Original CAD code in the wild?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Mon May 21 08:03:15 CDT 2018

> On May 21, 2018, at 7:52 AM, Noel Chiappa via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
>> From: Randy Dawson
>
>> For a while I have collected bits of legacy CAD
>> My question is, did any of the source code for these systems
>> .. ever make it out
>
> Well, not quite what you're asking about, I think (it sounds like you're
> interested in MechE CAD, not EE, even though SPICE was mentioned), but the
> original Stanford SUDS is still available, I think.

Another old CAD program is NEC2, the antenna (etc.) simulator.  Derivatives of it are still around.  About 20 years ago I found a version (in FORTRAN IV) which had been tweaked for DEC Fortran, and worked fine with gfortran.  I found that the documentation and full source code were available from the US Government (in printed form).

	paul