Intel 3000 series

Kyle Owen kylevowen at gmail.com
Fri May 4 09:49:59 CDT 2018

Does anyone have any software for developing for the Intel 3000 series? I
bought some parts on eBay and am contemplating a bit-slice PDP-8 or DG Nova
for fun.

Bitsavers has some 3000 series manuals, but I can't seem to find any "bits"
of software. Looks like CROMIS is the cross microprogram assembler, which
looks like it would've run on an MDS-800.

Apparently the CROMIS sources are in Fortran IV, and provide both XMAS and
XMAP, the cross microassembler and a programming file generator,
respectively.

Anyways, if anyone has any bits of Intel 3000 development software or
simulators, I would be very interested in checking them out.

Thanks!

Kyle