Is This A Shill?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Wed May 2 20:36:25 CDT 2018

    > From: Alan Perry

    > They went unsold again and I waited for the next auction run. I offered
    > the split-the-difference price again and they countered even higher. I
    > got the message and have stopped bidding. That was a couple months ago
    > and they still have sold any of those systems.

Eventually they may wise up. I had a guy selling a group of 4 DEC drives,
asking for somewhat over the going rate. I pointed the guy at a prior 'open
bidding' sale for one, demonstrating the 'fair market value', and offered him
4 times that, plus shipping. He comes back with a much higher number. So I
waited a year, they were still there, now he was more willing to be reasonable.

So I suggest waiting for a couple more months and write him a 'I see it's
been X months, my offer of Y is still open' note.

	Noel