ounting screw threads for VR201?

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 13:39:03 CDT 2018

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 2:18 PM, Alan Frisbie <Flash688 at flying-disk.com> wrote:
> Ethan Dicks <ethan.dicks at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't happen to have a VR201 here right now to measure directly (or
>> I would just do that), but IIRC, there's a threaded mounting insert on
>> the bottom...
>
> There are four brass inserts in a trapezoidal pattern, each threaded
> 1/4-20 (National Coarse).   The trapezoid is 7.0" center-to-center
> for the two nearest the screen, and the rear ones are 5.0" center-to-center.
> It is 5.0" between the front (screen) pair and the rear pair.

Perfect.  Thanks, Alan!

> Now, could someone please tell me the pinouts for the 15-pin connector?
> I would like to use it to view RS-170 video, if possible.

>From the Rainbow pinout...

http://www.larosse.net/pc100/dec100-vr201-cable.html

... I think the VR201 certainly matches the subset of that.  I don't
know if the color pins are N.C. on thje VR201 (but I would hope so),
but I have wired up a DA15 cable to tap +12V from an Amiga 2000 and
display mono video from its mono composite output...

4    | Mono shield ground        | Shield ground for composite video
coaxial cable
5,6 | Ground                          | Video, data, and power ground
7,8 | +12 V                            | + 12 V power to monitor and keyboard
12  | Mono video                    | Composite B/W video from the
video processor on the system module
13  | No Connection               | Not used
14  | Keyboard received data  | KBD RXD Serial data transmitted
(output) to keyboard
15  | Keyboard transmitted     |  KBD TXD Serial data received data
(input) from keyboard

-ethan