Four Unibus boards from radiation dose measurement system.

Lyle Bickley lbickley at bickleywest.com
Mon Mar 19 10:57:58 CDT 2018

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 09:15:23 +0100
Mattis Lind via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have four unibus boards that came in a 11/34 which was used for
> radiation dose measurement at a hospital.
>
> Three of them are made by Computer Design & Application inc and is a
> three board set interconnected with over the top flat cables. It has
> some kind of AMD 29xx based bitslice processor with 2903,2910 and
> 2914 chips. One board has some kind of dedicated memory one board has
> 4 TRW chips which I think are AD converters.
>
> https://i.imgur.com/lMvhxOp.jpg?1
> https://i.imgur.com/LEVN5Qp.jpg
> https://i.imgur.com/kcSnDRy.jpg
> https://i.imgur.com/ZfFrq3j.jpg
>
> Then there is some kind of serial com board with four UARTs on it.
>
> https://i.imgur.com/YvnTlxq.jpg
>
> Is there any interest in these boards? Trade for something
> interesting DEC stuff maybe? Or something else?

Here's a little more information on where this board set was used (see
page 6):

http://www.iaea.org/inis/collection/NCLCollectionStore/_Public/19/045/19045468.pdf

"After reconstruction, the images are displayed on a colour graphics screen
using a CUA MDP-3B graphics processor. Images can be photographed off the
screen for further study and can be archived in digital form on disk or
magnetic tape."

Cheers,
Lyle
--