Cray Origin 2000 From Indiana University Scaamp Project- Rescued

PhreakShow Telephone Company phreakshowtelco at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 18:58:52 CST 2018

I won an auction down at Indiana University for an SGI Origin 2000 System
and 19 racks.

Trip was an adventure. Rented a 26ft Penske Truck which was a junkheap in
itself. Off we went. My gf and her best friend went along and had a blast.
7 Hour drive down from Michigan to Bloomington Indiana. In a rainstorm at
dark. Waffle House outside of Indianapolis made for a very nice night.

Got loaded up 9am yesterday morning. And headed home.

Here are pics of the SGIs. And my gf's find an IBM Selectric II. Shes a
typewriter lover.

https://imgur.com/a/XzDXg

Plan now is to start rounding up parts to fix it. It seems mostly cosmetic.
Goal is to have it fully operational by VCFMW.

I also found some historical info on it too

https://www.hpcwire.com/1997/05/16/indiana-u-installs-64-node-origin2000/

Eventually this belongs on display somewhere.  I plan to get an inventory
of everything this week.  and Im looking for any extra parts that anyone
has for this.

Thanks