DECServer 200/DL board?

Antonio Carlini a.carlini at ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 18 12:00:49 CDT 2018

On 18/06/18 17:50, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
> Is this a 200/DL (RS423 data lines only) board?
>
> https://www.ebay.com/itm/352381870034
>
> A normal 200 would have two large IDC connectors on the pcb for serial I/O

The DECserver 200/MC had 8 DB25 connectors on the back, one for each
RS232 connection. These connections had full modem control.

The DECserver 200/DL had one 36-pin connector that broke out to 8 MMJ
connections. Only the data leads were present (no modem control).

I don't know how the motherboards differed between the two models. I
wouldn't be surprised if the MC variant had 8 connections to the
motherboard.

I'm surprised the 200/DL didn't just put 8 MMJ connectors on the back of
the box ... would have saved space and been less of a hassle thirty
years later for people trying to run them!

I don't have any service information (that I know of) for the DS200
unfortunately.

Antonio

--
Antonio Carlini