Restoring a PC Server 500 P/390

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 05:22:22 CDT 2018

> I used Clonezilla to make an image of my PCI machien with a P/390E card to a
> USB drive - but in your case that would, of course, require it to recognize
> your RAID array (which it just might, if the BIOS recognizes it).

Whilst enough of the disk has to be visible to the BIOS to allow it to boot I don't think it can see all the drive.
There is I think enough to allow the boot partition to be cloned but of course for CLONEZILLA to work I also need to get it to boot from CD..
.. I had high hopes for GHOST but the copy I have falls over when it reads the partition table.

Dave