Australian Computer Museum in trouble.

Toby Thain toby at telegraphics.com.au
Fri Jul 27 13:31:15 CDT 2018

On 2018-07-27 2:23 PM, Toby Thain via cctalk wrote:
> On 2018-07-27 12:41 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
>>

>> On 7/26/18 6:00 PM, John GEREMIN via cctalk wrote:
>>
>>>  We have been told that BULLDOZERS will demolish our Villawood storage space in 2 weeks.
>>>
>>> We have yet to find a suitable/affordable alternate space so ... "OPEN  DOOR  DAYS"
>>
>> How much notice were you given of this happening?
>> Rescues with weeks or days notice are a drag.
>>

> I don't have cites, but I seem to recall that the risk to this site has
> been in the air for a couple of years or more.

Or I may be confusing with other Australian evictions:

https://www.theage.com.au/technology/chips-are-down-for-computer-museum-20030520-gdgsdr.html

The Villawood location seems to be distinct from the warehouses that the
ACMS maintains?

http://www.acms.org.au/warehouse.html

Presumably they couldn't help out, even though Homebush is only a suburb
away.

--Toby