Making a bootable LIF CD for the 9000/382

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Sun Jul 8 16:11:27 CDT 2018

On 7/6/18 9:49 AM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
> Couple of related things, does anyone have a list of SCSI CDROMs known to boot on the 68K 9000s?

Closing this out, pretty much any Apple SCSI drive (MATSUSHITA CR-50x) from the 600i to 24x will boot the installer
when set to unit 0, parity enabled.

I was testing against some broken carrier-load ancient CDROM drives, of which I did finally get the oldest HP to work
(a Toshiba XM-3201)

The notes and naming on bitsavers have been cleaned up, and I added a CD with a tarball of the '98 Y2K patches.