X11 expertise on ancient HW sought... (4-plane visual (overlay) via X-server on MS-WIndows)

Dimitris Theodoropoulos dimitris.theo.gr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 02:21:02 CST 2018

I believe that my case is identical to the original message of the list and
24-bit is required.
The problematic visual (the one which is not provided by the external
X-server) is the following (I cite an extract from xdpyinfo on the original
system):

*  visual:*
*    visual id:    0x36*
*    class:    PseudoColor*
*    depth:    4 planes*
*    available colormap entries:    16*
*    red, green, blue masks:    0x0, 0x0, 0x0*
*    significant bits in color specification:    4 bits*

At another part of xdpyinfo, I also get the following info:

*screen #0:*
*  dimensions:    1280x1024 pixels (342x274 millimeters)*
*  resolution:    95x95 dots per inch*
*  depths (4):    8, 12, 24, 4*

Please forgive my technical ineptitude, in case I did not answer your
question, but I am not experienced in this domain.
D. Theo