QSIC update - v6 Unix boots and runs

David Bridgham dab at froghouse.org
Mon Jan 29 15:06:39 CST 2018

For those of you who are following along with our QSIC project, today we
booted v6 Unix successfully for the first time.  We'd first tried this a
week or two back but discovered that Unix does use partial block reads
and writes after all and I hadn't implemented those yet.  We're running
this on an 11/23 using the QSIC with an SD card emulating a couple RK05s.

Moving on to a small RAM disk next so we don't have to swap off the
flash memory.  After that, either a larger RAM disk using the SDRAM or
an RP11 to get larger disks than RK05s.

We're getting close to the time when we need to think about making our
own circuit board rather than using the wire-wrap prototype we've been
having fun with so far.