ultrasonic cleaning for disk heads

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sat Jan 27 15:59:00 CST 2018

Speaking of these drives, I have a single decpack cartridge which hitchhiked along with a purchase of RL02 packs. It's marked "decpack 2200 BPI-12" and has 12 sector notches in the hub. Does that mean that it was most likely used with an RK05 drive in a PDP-11 system? I seem to recall that packs used with a PDP-8 system would have 16 sector notches. I hope that I can procure a matching drive for it one of these days, even though Marc's video makes me think I'd be royally screwed if I didn't also manage to procure a good alignment pack to go with it, and maybe some spare heads. I don't have any experience with the front-loading drives yet.

Labels on the pack indicate that it saw some DEC maintenance on 1/6/84, and it was used by somebody named Fred Knight. It's labeled "KMC-LP Testing Pack". I know it's a long shot, but it would be neat if any of that meant something to anybody on the list.

I don't know anything about how to clean hard drive packs, and that's something I'd like to learn about.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/