ultrasonic cleaning for disk heads

steven at malikoff.com steven at malikoff.com
Sat Jan 27 15:47:24 CST 2018

I too watched Marc's video with great interest, as I have a pair of Diablo 31's identical to his.
Now, I'm a long long long way from getting them operational, but it's good to see what has worked for
future reference.

As I'd never be able to find a similar alignment pack, the heads in mine would have to stay put for
cleaning. Thus I'm wondering whether it would be possible to place the drive vertically so the heads
point down, and use one of those el-cheapo miniature jewellery ultrasonic cleaners plentiful on eBay
to dip the heads into the isopropyl alcohol, in situ?

The cleaner would I expect require some modification for it to fit around the heads and in the tight
space, plus some mounting arrangement to keep it from falling into the drive.

Steve.