Ethernet cable (Was: Sun3 valuations?)

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Jan 23 14:39:36 CST 2018

    > From: Paul Koning

    > The nominal OD of RG-8/U is .. within spec for Ethernet cable.

Oh, OK. I was just used to the 10Mb cable we used being slightly larger than
the 3Mb cable we used.

    > Also, Ethernet requires a solid inner conductor (for the tap) while
    > RG-8/U may come stranded. (Maybe only in some variants, I'm not sure.)

As can be seen in the photos, the 3Mb stuff (at least, the stuff we used) was
also solid. The diameter of the center was a little smaller on the 3Mb than on
the 10Mb; .16mm versus .23mm; not sure if that was just happenstance, or what.

	Noel