SCSI Controller Hanging...

Jack Harper harper at secureoutcomes.net
Tue Jan 23 10:33:09 CST 2018

Greetings to the List from the Snowy Rocky Mountains.

Beautiful clear sunny day here at +9F :)

The SCSI controller on the 68K development system (VMEbus) that I
have cobbled together occasionally hangs after I reset one of the
processor boards (there are four MVME177-005 68060 boards in the VME rack).

The hang then happens when my software touches the SCSI drives via
the ROM'd 68K/Bug I/O primitives and the hang will not go away even
after another reset until I cycle power.

I have never before dealt with SCSI as a programmer - does this sound
like something is configured incorrectly?

There is not much to configure.

I point out that I am not certain that I have the termination
resistors correct.

Thoughts?

I appreciate any advice.

Regards,