question on hp9000/310

W2HX w2hx at w2hx.com
Mon Jan 22 12:47:30 CST 2018

Hello friends,

I am totally ignorant about hp9000 machines. I am considering acquiring this machine for fun and learning about the 9000. It has a 9153A and 9134D with other accessories. The system currently boots up to BASIC 4.0

I have read that this machine can also support HP/UX. Can anyone advise if HP/UX can be installed on such a machine? Perhaps using internal drive for HP/UX and the external hard drive to boot to BASIC? Both hard drives have BASIC 4.0 installed.

What would be involved to install HP/UX?
Thanks very much
Eugene