Microvax II 'primer'?

Adrian Graham binarydinosaurs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 08:07:26 CST 2018

>At this stage I've got no idea if it's a SMPSU or a linear (I've not
popped the panel off)... I suppose if it's linear then it perhaps doesn't
even need a load to do its thing. If it's a switcher then I expect it'll at
least need something on +5V, and maybe +12V too (unless it has built-in
load resistors to keep the regulation happy, as designs occasionally do).

It's actually 3 separate boards and 2 identical discrete PSUs for +12 and
+5 in a massive metal box, the thing is a beast and fits along the whole
side of the machine behind the Q22 backplane.

Cheers

--
adrian/witchy
Owner of Binary Dinosaurs, the UK's biggest home computer collection?