Adaptec 1522A SCSI Support (was re: New TestFDC Results Registry)

Mark G Thomas Mark at Misty.com
Fri Jan 19 10:44:50 CST 2018

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 08:26:45PM -0600, Jason T via cctalk wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 7:55 PM, Richard Cini <rich.cini at verizon.net> wrote:
> > I use this card as a floppy/disk controller in a PC/AT that's used solely for imaging. The controller is connected to two Seagate ST-2502N (442MB) hard drives running MS-DOS 6.22. Works like a champ. Cables are readily available on eBay but since they're regular 50-pin IDC connectors, you can DIY if needed -- connectors are readily available.
>
> Do you have (and can you post) the MS-DOS drivers for that card?  I
> also run one in my floppy imager machine, which dual-boots btw. MS-DOS
> and some later Linux.  Having SCSI for at least one of the OSes would
> be nice.
>
> I could also switch the other partition over to FreeBSD, as Warner L suggested.

I think you want this:  http://files.markgthomas.com/dl/adaptec/EZSCSI40.IMD
(This URL is temporary.)

I just found, imaged, and installed it, on my disk-imaging PC using
an AHA-1522A:

IMD 1.18: 24/12/2017  4:54:15
Adaptec EZ-SCSI v4.01a Setup Diskette Disk 1of1 HD 3.5
Windows 95/NT/3.1x and DOS Drivers