Adaptec 1522A SCSI Support (was re: New TestFDC Results Registry)

Richard Cini rich.cini at verizon.net
Thu Jan 18 19:55:07 CST 2018

I use this card as a floppy/disk controller in a PC/AT that's used solely for imaging. The controller is connected to two Seagate ST-2502N (442MB) hard drives running MS-DOS 6.22. Works like a champ. Cables are readily available on eBay but since they're regular 50-pin IDC connectors, you can DIY if needed -- connectors are readily available.

Rich

--
Rich Cini
http://www.classiccmp.org/cini

On 1/18/18, 8:44 PM, "cctalk on behalf of Jason T via cctalk" <cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org on behalf of cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

    On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 6:58 PM, Adrian Graham via cctalk
    <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
    > I could, but I guess by the time I’ve sourced a replacement I might as well have bought an AHA-1522A instead, I have a couple of scouts out looking for them as we speak :) The 1522A is a full pass for TESTFDC.

    Has anyone using one of these cards made use of the SCSI function?  It
    has a Centronics 50 connector, which isn't terribly useful unless
    you've got the right cable, but if you're building an all-in-one
    imaging machine, it might be handy to have SCSI capability as well.
    It seems the driver hasn't been in Linux for quite a few versions.
    Not sure about the BSDs.