Cheap Analog PBX was: RE: Google, Wikipedia directly on ASCII terminal?

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Tue Jan 16 17:53:40 CST 2018

On 01/16/2018 04:46 PM, Ali wrote:
> You can pick up a cheap Chinese analog 8 port PBX on ePay for about
> $60. It will create dial tone, ring, etc. and allow you to call from
> "extension" to "extension" so you can even dial in and get a handshake
> tone. The only issue is that I don't believe they can be daisy chained
> so eight ports is your max and there is no way to connect one site to
> another (short of running very long wires).

I would expect that such PBXs have a way to receiving incoming analog
lines.  As such, I would expect that you could take an FXO (station)
port on one PBX and connect it to the FXS (CO) port on the other PBX,
and vice versa.

My brain stalls ever time I say FXS vs FXO and I have to verify what I'm
saying.  -  Here's an old but IMHO good reference from Digium.

Link - What are FXS and FXO?
  - https://my.digium.com/en/docs/misc/fxs_fxo_desc/

--
Grant. . . .