ZX Spectrum Z80 Keeps Resetting

Adrian Graham binarydinosaurs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 14:45:23 CST 2018

>> It could be caused by bus contention, which may also be the cause of the
>> resetting.  Possibly some of the decode logic has failed, and is allowing
> two
>> devices to drive the data bus at the same time.  I've seen this before,
> and it
>> does cause spikes on the 5V rails.
>>

> That is interesting, I hadn't considered that. Given that it gets a fair way
> into the boot sequence it would have to be an intermittent failure.

I’d be interested in putting my diagnostic ROM on that just to see what it throws up. In the absence of having it in front of me so I can do that is the ROM socketed? You can easily burn your own if so.

—
Adrian/Witchy
Binary Dinosaurs - Celebrating Computing History from 1972 onwards
w: binarydinosaurs.co.uk t: @binarydinosaurs
f: facebook.com/binarydinosaurs