Help diagnosing boot issue SWTPC 6800

William Sudbrink wh.sudbrink at verizon.net
Mon Jan 1 14:25:15 CST 2018

Hi Nick,

The "fatherboard" contacts on the SWTPc can be very intermittent.  This also plagues the OSI bus.  I recommend a two step treatment:

1) brush the pins with deoxit gold
2) force nyogel 759G (or the successor compound, I think 759G is discontinued) into all of the "holes" (pin sockets on the cards) using a toothpick (careful not to break it off) and seat and remove each card several times.

In my experience, this treatment results in a much more reliable system.  I've also used it on a couple of S-100 systems where the cards were exceedingly difficult to remove and insert.

Bill S.