Restoring a VT50 (VT52 actually) .

Fritz Mueller fritzm at fritzm.org
Sat Feb 17 21:07:09 CST 2018

On 12/26/2017 5:25 AM, Mattis Lind via cctalk wrote:
> Since the terminal appears to work I also dumped the firmware out of the four bipolar PROMs.
>
> http://storage.datormuseum.se/u/96935524/Datormusuem/VT52/124A9.HEX
> http://storage.datormuseum.se/u/96935524/Datormusuem/VT52/125A9.HEX
> http://storage.datormuseum.se/u/96935524/Datormusuem/VT52/126A9.HEX
> http://storage.datormuseum.se/u/96935524/Datormusuem/VT52/127A9.HEX
>
> @Fritz: You don't need to get a dump of the PROMs in your terminal. I think the ones I have is in pretty good shape.

Well, I finally got some time to play in the basement again this weekend, so I thought I'd have a go a freshening the PROM sockets on my VT52 to see if that makes it less flaky.  Pulled the PROMs and gave them a read on my DATA I/O.  The four I have are indeed bit-identical to the dumps posted by Mattis above, so I thought I'd note that here for completeness.

    cheers,
      --FritzM.